Facts about AUDI !!!
- In 1899 August Horch established a company “August Horch & Cie” and named the car brand as HORCH.
- Due to dispute with his business partners, he was forced out of the company in 1909.
- In the same year he established a new company “AUDI”.
- The name AUDI was chosen because the use of brand name “HORCH” was lost in a legal pursuit with his former partners.
- In 1910 the first AUDI car was manufactured.
- In 1932, AUDI merged with three other companies DKW, Wanderer and Horch to form Auto Union. The rings in the AUDI logo represent these four original companies.
- In 1958 and 1959, Daimler Benz bought majority of shares of Auto Union.
- In 1965, the name AUDI was used back again instead of AUTO UNION.
- 1966, Volkswagen bought more than 99 % of shares and today it holds the complete control of AUDI !!
- Here is the timeline of the AUDI Logo.
Download the keychain .igs files here